Your main duties are to make sure our customers are happy, that there’s plenty of stock behind the bar and that your staff know how to provide great service. But, as with any time served behind a bar, there’s a lot more to it than that….
- Training, developing and motivating your staff
- Doing regular stock-takes
- Handling deliveries
- Maintaining the condition food and drinks
- Keeping up to date with licensing legislation, liaising with the authorities and taking overall legal responsibility for the premises
- Enforcing health and safety procedures
- Adhering to budgets, increasing profits and managing KPI’s
- Dealing with customers
What sort of hours will I work?
The nature of the industry is that our peak times are when other people have finished work therefore you may work unsociable and long hours, including weekends. The average is about 45 hours a week
The best bit about being part of Veeno?
When the place feels like my home; when the customers and staff are happy and things are going smoothly. It’s very personal and friendly.
As part of our training you will be sent to our winery in the beautiful Sicily to know the wines and learn about the making process.
What skills do I need?
Any experience in hospitality will help you develop the people and service skills you need, but obviously it’s more relevant if you’ve worked behind a bar. You’ll also need bags of personality and a can-do attitude to do whatever it takes to keep the business on track that day.
- Looking after the customers’ needs
- Making sound decisions and problem-solving
- Controlling your business and managing your margins
- Growing your sales
- Communicating effectively
What qualifications do I need?
Apart from adhering to the usual health & safety regulations as well as a sound knowledge of basic maths and English, the only formal qualification you need is the National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders, which you get through the British Institute of Innkeepers.
Who would it suit?
You’re going to have to like people, because you’ll be seeing an awful lot of them – from every walk of life. You’ll also need stamina, business acumen and a craving for responsibility.
Where can I go from here?
Veeno is growing rapidly and there are opportunities in operations, marketing, HR and training etc etc. Basically your future is determined by you. As Veeno grows so can you, in whatever direction you decide.
- General Manager: 2 years